Varicose Sea Slug, Black-Margined Sea-Slug, Opalescent Sea Slug, Anna’s Sea Slug, Elegant Sea Slug, Spanish Dancer Sea Slug
Sea slug is a common name used for several different groups of saltwater snails that either lack a shell or have only an internal shell. It is a paraphyletic name used for various lineages of marine gastropod mollusks that are either not conchiferous (shell-bearing) or…
Elysia chlorotica —- Chomodoric lochi
Glaucus atlanticus —- Nembrotha cristata
I cannot stress enough how much I love sea slugs
The colourful alien creatures living at the bottom of the sea. [Click images to read descriptions.]
“They may look like creatures from another universe, but these multi-coloured sea slugs are in fact one of the marvels of our oceans.
Nudibranchs are soft-bodied marine molluscs that shed their shells after their larval stage, revealing their brightly-coloured exteriors.
These stunning images were captured by wildlife photographer Franco Banfi in some of Earth’s most exotic waters surrounding Indonesia, the Phillippines, Papua New Guinea, the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.”
- Nudibranchs are soft-bodied marine molluscs which shed their shells.
- Name derives from Latin and Greek and means ‘naked gills’.
- Scientists believe remarkable colouring is a form of self-defense.
- Nudibranchs are hermaphrodites which means that they possess both male and female sex organs.
- They can be found crawling over rocks, seaweeds, sponges, corals and many other substrates.
- Nudibranchs live on all levels of the ocean but their greatest size and variation comes in warm, shallow waters, so beach-walkers can often find nudibranchs in tidal pools at low tide.
- Some species get their toxicity from the sponge they eat but others can produce it themselves.
- The name ‘nudibranchs’ derives from Latin and Greek and means ‘naked gills’.
- There are thought to be around 3,000 different species of nudibranchs in our oceans.
- Another defense tactic is for nudibranchs to release acid from their skin.
Nature, sometimes you are wonderful.
As happy as I am for your dad (it’s great that he lost that weight) I seriously have no interest on going on a diet, I would rather learn to manage my lifestyle differently. It isn’t the weight loss side of dieting that I disapprove of or their validity, it is the ‘quick-fix’ mentality that they promote. Secondly you are constantly assuming that I am desperate to slim down by pushing this on me. Yeah, losing some weight would be nice but if I’m going to I would also like to have some new muscle to show for it, my current diet (as in what I eat all the time) isn’t unhealthy, I just don’t do much exercise, hence why I’m not as slim as I could be. Another point is the summer diet thing again. I live in Australia, winter has just started, and fair enough I could always slim down for summer (though that seems a long way away to be slimming down for) but the things is, slim or not, I don’t wear clothes that show off my figure or skin, I’m simply not comfortable in them no matter the weather. I would much prefer to wear a pair of jeans and an over sized t-shirt, that is simply how I roll. So yeah, once again thanks but no thanks, good luck with finding a willing partner and live long and prosper.
REALLY GREAT ART OF SHIPS YOU INTENSELY DISLIKE
You know that’s all well and good but dieting is not really something I really promote (as dieting is a temporary solution and not a permanent change) even if it says the effects are lasting, rapid weight loss leads to excess skin which (shy of surgery) is near impossible to get rid of. On top of that this diet plan does not promote a healthy variety of food, I am a vegan, I cannot afford to simply throw my eating habits to the wind all for the sake for some quick weight loss, I need to plan out what I eat fairly carefully or else I turn into a lethargic blob of human flesh. Whole days of eating nothing but berries and the likes are not going to get me a whole lot of the iron or protein I need. Finally, it is not summer here so a summer diet seems a little redundant, no? So thanks but no thanks, If I want to lose weight I’ll do it my own way. Good luck in finding a partner and live long and prosper.